Thursday, November 11, 2010

Wednesday, Nov. 10. North Platte, NE. Da Buzz.


I played a show in North Platte, Nebraska, at Da Buzz coffee shop. A lot of people came out and it was a good time. Bryan didn’t play this one. There was a write up in the North Platte Telegraph, which resulted in my getting a phone call asking if I’d be a “celebrity judge” for something called Flatrock Idol at the Shooters bar. I figured what the hell, and headed down there after the coffee shop show. That's me on the left, drinking a beer.


It turned out to be a multi-week karaoke contest where the final winner would be flown to an American Idol audition city to try out for that. So that was interesting. And they asked me to play a few of my songs after the singing and judging, so I did.

Mic stand improvisation

No comments:

Post a Comment