Thursday, October 21, 2010

Wednesday, Oct. 20. Norman, OK. Opolis.


Oklahoma was a long, desolate drive. I turned onto the interstate the wrong way once after getting fuel. We were very lucky that this exit had been built just for some cattle pens so we could turn around.

Norman has wide streets, lots of parking, and reminds me of a bigger version of many small Nebraska towns’ downtowns.

Lauren of Ex Oblivione, the band we played with tonight, runs a music space around the corner from Opolis. We stopped by to check it out.

Andrew and Marian, our hosts for the show at Opolis, were very chill. The place looks nice; took me a while to realize they probably made it out of a former commercial garage.

I shared the bill with Bryan, local band Ex Oblivione, and Patrick Roberts.


Bryan at Opolis

Ex Oblivione were friendly. They had asked me if we could play my song “Houston” together; turned out well. Ex Oblivione had two keyboards, bass, and a couple of guest players. They also had one piece they played on xylophones on the floor, with percussion provided by an amplified paper pinwheel spun by an electric fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment