Thursday, September 9, 2010

Wednesday, Sept. 8. Detroit, MI. Burton Theater.

This was an awesome show. We pulled into Detroit and made our way to the Burton Theatre, which is an art cinema house these cool people set up in an abandoned inner city school. The halls were full of weird installations and beautiful posters.













Each of the bands played with the backdrop of an experimental film on the big screen. The first band, Black Flea, played with a film of some red and white images of a dog running.













Bryan
played as Eloine, collaborating with Gabriel Beam, who drove up from Toledo for the show. They used a film called Holes Holes Holes Holes Holes by Angeles Cossio. Windy Weber and Hitoko Sakai played a drone set next. They were amazing. I have a short video that I’ll put here sometime soon. I performed with a film my friend Jay Schleidt made just for this performance. Everyone was so nice, and I got to see my sister Lauren, who came to the show. This guy Nick at the show took a video of me playing with Jay's film.

No comments:

Post a Comment